httpd-users mailing list archives

From Manik Taneja <mtan...@movik.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] way for me to turn off if-modified-since & always return 304 reply ?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 07:12:59 GMT
Nope, there is no way you can prevent the client from sending you an IMS
request. That is a browser prerogative, I suppose the best that you can
do is bump up the Age and Expires headers that are returned along with
the documents that your server delivers and hope that client browsers
use that copy every-time.  Even with that if the user refreshes the
page, most browsers end up sending an IMS.

Thanks,
Manik