httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steve Whitson <steven.whit...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Regarding Apache HTTP Authentication with an Oracle Database
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:05:56 GMT
Hi Rajaopal M.,

In order to use the mod_dbd.so, and mod_authn_dbd.so modules with mysql
I had to build the mysql dbd driver provided in the arp-util (within
Apache httpd-2.2.9).

To accomplish this I used the configure flag noted in apr-util:

./httpd-2.2.9/srclib/apr-util> configure --help | grep -i mysql
  --with-mysql=DIR        enable MySQL DBD driver

I passed this --with-mysql flag to the top level configure when
configuring httpd-2.2.9.  Even though it doesn't undestand this flag, it
passes it on to lower level configurations, such as when configuring
apr-util.

I have no experience with Oracle, but here are the Oracle configure
flags I found in the configure help in apr-util:

./httpd-2.2.9/srclib/apr-util> configure --help | grep -i ora
  --with-oracle-include=DIR
                          path to Oracle include files
  --with-oracle=DIR       enable Oracle DBD driver; giving ORACLE_HOME
as DIR

Hope this helps,
   -Steve