httpd-users mailing list archives

From Justin Pasher <just...@newmediagateway.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Checking if file or directory exist
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:36:00 GMT
Jason Pruim wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> So I'm still fighting with mod_rewrite a little but I have made
> progress... Basically, what I am looking to do now, is check to see if
> a file/folder exists and if not rewrite and give control to my p.php
> script to look it up in the database.
>
> Here are the rules that I'm using:
>
>         RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>                 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
>                 RewriteRule . /p.php [L]
>
> Now, that part works just fine, but what I can't seem to work out is
> the sublinks. I have some links that look like this:
> HTTP://purl.schreurprinting.com/mail.php?purl=jasonpruim112 Now
> mail.php exists and so it should NOT be rewriting, but it is...
> Basically... If someone goes to mail.php?purl=jasonpruim112 I want
> mail.php to handle the request... Am I making sense?
>
> Anyone have any clue what I need to do?
>
> Thanks for looking!

I threw together a quick test with the same rewrite rules you mentioned
above and it seems to work properly for me. Are these rules defined in
an .htaccess file or the apache config? I know that rewrite rules can
act a little differently between the two locations. Are there any other
rewrite rules being invoked? Can you turn on the rewrite logging to see
exactly what mod_rewrite is doing?

RewriteLogLevel 3
RewriteLog /path/to/rewrite.log

--