httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alexandru David Constantinescu <ald...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] hardware for proxy
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 13:43:01 GMT
Ben Spencer wrote:
> How active are the sites? How complicated is the "proxy" configuration? Are
> the Proxies an SSL termination point?
>
> Server uptime: 50 days 3 hours 56 minutes 39 seconds
> Total accesses: 36316506 - Total Traffic: 1544.5 GB
> CPU Usage: u468.16 s2336.35 cu0 cs0 - .0647% CPU load
> 8.38 requests/sec - 373.7 kB/second - 44.6 kB/request
>
> Hardware:
>   Virtual Machine with 1G of ram. Really isn't working hard at all
>
> Overview:
> -) 2 major backend applications
> -) Generally load balanced between 2 backend web servers
> -) rewriting is being done for the one application
> -) the Proxy/Load Balancer is being used for SSL termination for one of the
> major applications (the application is almost 100% SSL).
>
> Each site is different and there are many variables.
>
> benji
>
> Benji Spencer
> System Administrator
>
> Moody Bible Institute
> Phone: 312-329-2288

hello Ben

Ther is no SSL involve what so ever.
The sites are very active (it is a share hosting environment and this is
the reason why I wanna try the proxy) and beside that we plan to expand.
We have between 50~300 reqs/sec (depend on time of the day) with around
10~20 kb/reqs and this is not the busiest server. Probably we need
something to hold around 5000 reqs/sec like a frontend.