httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alexandru David Constantinescu <ald...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] hardware for proxy
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 08:19:46 GMT
Hello to all

I plan to implement a proxy server for apache. The idea is to act like a
firewall, proxy , load balancer and cache. It must  serve around 2000
sites. The backend servers I don't know for now how many will be, but I
am prepare to start with 2 or 3 and in case of heavy load , increase
this number. My question is what hardware do you recommend for proxy. do
  I need fast cpu's or lots of core's. In terms of ram the things are
clear : apache need ram. Do you recommend scsi or sata disks etc ?
If someone have experience or suggestions please give me a sign.
Thanks
Alex