httpd-users mailing list archives

From Graham Clarke <grah...@53tech.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_vhost_alias 404 / ErrorDocument
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 16:39:46 GMT
Hi - I'd like to setup a meaningful error page for a virtual host that
uses mod_vhost_alias.   If a visitor enters a url that doesn't exist on
the server they're served a custom error page.

Here's a simple example:

The vhost has:
VirtualDocumentRoot /var/www/html/customer/%1

Requests for http://samplesite.mydomain.com  will serve
/var/www/html/customer/samplesite/index.html

However, if the user makes a mistake and enters
"amplesite.mydomain.com"  apache throws an error.

My question is how to catch these cases and show a friendly error page
rather than an ugly apache error?

Thanks,
Graham

--