httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gilles Ganault <gilles.gana...@free.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: [A2/Load balancing] mod_proxy vs. dedicated box?
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 19:47:31 GMT
On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 04:32:16 -0500, Ben Spencer
<ben.spencer@moody.edu> wrote:
>Dedicated device = ??

I was thinking of something like Packeteer, ie. not a regular PC
running *nix + Apache.

>What type of applications are running on server 1 & server 2? Sticky
>sessions being used?

At this point, we have one Apache acting both as web server, and load
balancer to two other Apache servers, a NAS to host static files (JPG,
etc.) and a MySQL server.

I was wondering if Apache's modules that handle load balancing offer
performance on par with dedicated load balancers.

Thank you.