httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Wellington" <wellingtonst...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite, L and F flags
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 12:01:15 GMT
Hi,

Am having trouble with mod_rewrite and would appreciate a little help.
I've tried searching Google and reading the manual but found little
that helps!

I am trying to achieve something like this:

RewriteRule ^a.php$ b.php [L]
RewriteRule ^b.php$ - [F]

The intention is that requests to a.php will serve the contents of
b.php, but if a user tries to go directly to b.php they are given a
403 error.  My understanding is that L flag stops further matching of
rules. but this doesn't appear to work, neither does a 'solution' from
Google of using the NS flag in the second rule.

If anybody can tell me whether I've misunderstood something, or if
there is a solution to this, I would be extremely grateful.

Steve

--
Stephen Wellington
07956 042387