httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski <ra...@id.uw.edu.pl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] NameVirtualHost versus VirtualHost documentation
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2008 18:56:24 GMT
> NameVirtualHost directive allow multiple IP:Ports to be specified even
> though the documentation suggests otherwise?

I guess you have proplem understanding what NameVirtualHost actually is.
With this directive you basically ask the Apache to match the vhost from
request made by client- if one does not provide it, Apache uses first available.

IP based vhosts are easier since you can basically assign a domain for ip
and specify it in <VirtualHost> directive.

--
Would you people stop playing these stupid games?!?!?!!!!