httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to install SSL certificate for virtual server?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:34:58 GMT

On 31.08.08 11:25, Sander Temme wrote:
> This needs to be a different IP address from the one for www.myserver1.com
> .  You'll also need a Listen statement for it (if you're not listening
> on all available IPs).

Actually, it only needs different IP address OR port number, see below.

> >   ServerName www.myserver2.com
> This hostname needs to resolve to the IP address above.

Not exactly - connection to given server name (and resulting IP) should end
at the IP(:port) combination specified above in <VirtualHost> directive.
There are NAT devices, load balancers and failover switches that can listen
on one IP:port and forward the connection to other IP:port combination

... just to know the possibilities, we use something like that.

Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?