httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joseph S D Yao <j...@tux.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Error when creating certificate in HPUX
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 16:18:31 GMT
On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 09:52:46AM -0300, Tan, Liao  wrote:
> Folks,
>  Im trying to find solution for this issue. When running the command below
>
> openssl genrsa -des3 -out mydomain.com.key 1024
>
> to create the key pair certificate, it gives me the error:
>
> =====================
>  warning, not much extra random data, consider using the -rand option

Long ago but not far away, when I had to implement this on HP-UX, I
found that it had no "random" device.  Not many systems did, then or
now.  So I got the Entropy Generating Daemon [egd, written in Perl], and
it worked fine.  Remember to have it start at boot BEFORE anything that
uses random data.  And you will have to tell 'openssl' etc. about it.

Oh, look, it's moved to sourceforge.  ;-)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/egd/

--
**