httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Moving website that uses full paths
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 09:57:24 GMT
On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 10:35:06 +0100
"Andrew Hodgson" <Andrew.Hodgson@allpay.net> wrote:

> Is there anything I can do about this issue in Apache?  I am not sure
> whether there is, since the browser is being instructed to go to the
> full path, which Apache is doing correctly, but I thought I would ask
> anyway.

mod_proxy_html fixes exactly that problem.  It's designed for use in a
reverse proxy (where the same issue is common), but can also fix up
your more self-inflicted problem.

But I really wouldn't recommend it if you have static documents.
Better just to cobble up a one-off script to fix your links,
including things like templates that generate them, etc.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/