httpd-users mailing list archives

From slartybartfast <ss...@nycap.rr.com>
Subject [users@httpd] PDO install kills webserver
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2008 12:39:56 GMT

I'm trying to set up a server (on Ubuntu Hardy Heron) with SSH, Apache2, PHP
5.2.x, Ruby, ProFtpd, and PostgreSQL 8.3, and want to use PDO.  I set up
everything but the PDO, and all works beautifully - very pleased with myself
as I've never touched Linux before.  Then I try to set up PDO, and I plummet
to earth with a thud.

I run:
pecl install pdo
pecl install pdo_pgsql

I add to php.ini:
extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_pgsql.so

then restart apache:
/etc/init.d/apache2 force-reload
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

and I get the message
httpd (no pid file) not running

and from that point on I could not browse to my webserver, got...
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.0.100.

Never had that error before until I installed PDO, and was able to get a
connection.  So I rebuilt the server from bottom up, documenting every step,
and again all was working until I installed PDO and changed the php.ini file
-- then Apache (or something) breaks.

Please help -- I'm baffled