httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite bug/by design with mod_mem_cache cached files?
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 18:12:58 GMT
On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Anthony J. Biacco
<abiacco@formatdynamics.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using apache 2.2.9 with mod_mem_cache to cache some javascript
> files, which is working fine.
>
> Today, I added a rewrite rule to forbid access (403) to everything in a
> virtualhost based on the Opera browser, which obviously included the
> javascript files.

top of http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_cache.html :

This module should be used with care and can be used to circumvent
Allow and Deny directives. You should not enable caching for any
content to which you wish to limit access by client host name, address
or environment variable.

Once the cache is on, it gets served so early that these modules don't
get to run.
--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com