httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_expires setting unwanted Expires on 5XX status codes
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 03:44:08 GMT

On 28 Sep 2008, at 23:38, Gordon Mohr wrote:

> Using mod_expires in Apache 2.2.X, I want everything *except* 5XX
> status code responses (like 503, service unavailable/busy) to have
> an Expires header added.

That doesn't make sense.  For many response codes, it's just Not
Applicable.

> I don't see a switch to limit mod_expires by response code.
>
> It looks like a 'Header unset' conditional on the existence of an
> environment variable previously set based on response code could
> work; is there an environment variable set to the about-to-be-
> returned status code, at the time of late mod_headers action?

You'd have to set the env var after the response was known, too.
That can
only happen if the response is known early, and that only happens when
the response is itself generated by server configuration (e.g. a
redirect,
or access denied), or if the response is static and local.

The general-purpose solution is an ErrorDocument.

--
Nick Kew