httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From <jg6...@cox.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Running Multiple Windows Services on port 8080
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 21:29:04 GMT
John,

We too are limited to port 8080. since our ISP blocks port 80. Have you ever 
found a work around for this? We currently have to have our domain 
[sub.domain.com] redirect to 72.x.x.x.:8080 in order for it to work. Now 
users see the ip address in the browser address bar. not good. not good at 
all.

Apache 2.2.9
Linksys Gateway/Router WCG200

Jay

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "jwberger" <jwberger28@hotmail.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:55 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Running Multiple Windows Services on port 8080


>
> They are bound to one interface.  I did see all the info on the Virtual 
> host
> and got it working.  My issue is that since they are different sites, if I
> do maintenance on one site and have to stop the service then all sites are
> down and I cannot have that. This is why I was trying to setup different
> services.  Also I am limited to port 8080 because we will be using the BEA
> Weblogic Plug-in to proxy back to our WL servers and we have established
> only port 8080 is allowed to come through our firewall to talk to the WL
> servers.
>
> John
>
>
> Brian Mearns-2 wrote:
>>
>> You /can/ run multiple sites from different IP addresses on the same
>> or different ports, using virtual hosts, which are well documented in
>> apache. It basically just allows you to use custom configurations
>> depending on which IP address is accessed. So for instance, you could
>> have a different DocumentRoot for each ip address, which will quite
>> effectively give you different sites.
>>
>> Do you actually have different network interfaces for each ip address?
>> Or do they all map to the same interface? If they're distinct
>> interfaces, I don't see any reason you couldn't set up a different
>> service for each one, but then again, I have no idea how to do it. If
>> they're all just a single network interface, then I'm pretty certain
>> it's not possible. This would pretty much defeat the purpose of a
>> port, which is to map a specific network connection to a specific
>> process.
>>
>> But it sounds like virtual hosts might be sufficient for what you
>> need. You don't actually need different apache services to run
>> different sites at the same time.
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>> -Brian
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 3:36 PM, jwberger <jwberger28@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am novice when it comes to Apache.  I have installed 2.2.9 on a 
>>> Windows
>>> 2003 server and can get it to run fine.  The server has one NIC with
>>> three
>>> IP addresses bound to it.  In installed Apache as a Windows service and
>>> edited the httpd.conf file so that the server listened on port 8080.  I
>>> would like each IP address to run a different site on port 8080 and I
>>> would
>>> like each site to have its own Windows service so that I can 
>>> individually
>>> shut down a site.  Is this possible?  It seems like if I start just one
>>> service I can hit each IP at port 8080 and they all work.  Can you 
>>> assist
>>> me
>>> in what I am doing wrong.
>>> --
>>> View this message in context:
>>> http://www.nabble.com/Running-Multiple-Windows-Services-on-port-8080-tp19748920p19748920.html
>>> Sent from the Apache HTTP Server - Users mailing list archive at
>>> Nabble.com.
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server
>>> Project.
>>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server 
>> Project.
>> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>    "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>
>>
>>
>
> -- 
> View this message in context: 
> http://www.nabble.com/Running-Multiple-Windows-Services-on-port-8080-tp19748920p19749242.html
> Sent from the Apache HTTP Server - Users mailing list archive at 
> Nabble.com.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message