httpd-users mailing list archives

From zooo doush <zunzunzunl...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Using Servlets in Apache HTTPD Server
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 05:54:44 GMT
Hi,

 I have 2 project I'm working on, one of them is built using PHP the other is built using
Servlets. Currently they run on 2 separate servers Apache HTTPD and Tomcat. But I want to
integrate the 2 projects and to make the work run faster I need to run both of them in 1 server
if possible (that serves both PHP and Servlets).

  I was searching for a way to make Apache HTTPD server work with servlets without sending
requests into any other server (i.e. Tomcat). I found most of the people using mod_proxy_ajp
or mod_jk as modules in HTTPD server and this will pass servlets requests into Tomcat server.
But I think that will make my implementation much slower (sending and receiving requests between
the 2 servers will have communication overhead).

Is there a way to make Servlets work in Apache without sending requests into Tomcat? my main
concern is the slowness that will happened because of the communication between the 2 servers.

 Thanks,

    Iyad