httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Permissions issues with external volumes
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 14:20:46 GMT
On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 15:00, James Nierodzik
<jnierodzik@firestarcom.com> wrote:
>  From what I have read it would appear that others has to have RWX as
> well (currently others just has R), but I cannot make that volume shared as
> 777.

There is no need to make it RWX. The user apache runs as must be able
to read the folder and its content. So either
- have every folder world readable.
- have every folder readable by the group the apache user belongs to.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org