httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Using variables with CO= in mod_rewrite ...
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 08:56:24 GMT
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 09:42, Gareth Bult <gareth@encryptec.net> wrote:
> Yes, I tried this, but it didn't seem to make any difference .. with this in place there
is no error but the cookie doesn't get set ...

The problem seems to be that SetEnv is evaluated in an API phase after
any rewrite rules, ( Never asume that directives act in the order they
are in the config file.) as mentioned in the docs:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/env.html
"The SetEnv directive runs late during request processing meaning that
directives such as SetEnvIf and RewriteCond will not see the variables
set with it."

You could try to set an environment variable using a (dummy) rewriterule:

RewriteRule .* - [E=MYPATH:Hello World]

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com