httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard de Vries <richard_devr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.8 + ProxyErrorOverride errors
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:49:11 GMT
Hey Nick, thank you for your response.
Yeah, I found a document describing the changes you guys made .. if I am not mistaking it
stated that HTTP Status Codes in the 200 and 300 series are now excluded from the ErrorOverride;
thus only override 40x and 50x status codes now.
Unfortunately defaulting to the proxy's error pages in this case and trying to override the
401 is somewhat difficult since this is an "authorization required" status code coming from
an IIS server with Integrated Windows Authentication.
Is there any other way I could potentionally trap 404 errors from the back-end server and
perform some sort of action on it? I don't think it's possible with mod_rewrite, but would
this be possible with mod_filter?
If not, would you know where - in the source code - they excluded the 20x and 30x statuscodes
from ProxyErrorOverride?. I've been looking thru the code but have not yet been able to find
it. :(
   Richard

----- Original Message ----
From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 7:34:47 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.8 + ProxyErrorOverride errors

Richard de Vries wrote:
> (all on one line, so chopped)

We recently made some fixes to ProxyErrorOverride, but I
don't recollect the details.  Googling the dev list would
no doubt find it.

In the absence of a better solution, you could perhaps
default to serving the proxy's error pages, but override
that for selected statuses by configuring ErrorDocuments
for them.

--
Nick Kew