httpd-users mailing list archives

From WhoAmI <who...@autistici.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Suexec - VhostAlias. Is it possible?
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:24:56 GMT

Hi Guys,

I have a "little" problem: my server is running whit mod_vhost_alias and
mod_fastcgi (i only use it whit php5-cgi). I Use it whit VirtualScriptAlias
directive so i haven't to restart the webserver every time i add an user
(of course i haven't any vhost).

For security reasons i MUST use Suexec, and the only way to use Suexec is
to set the SuexecUserGroup directive. This means that i have to use
VirtualHosts and do a graceful every time. I've about 6000 users on that
webserver and i think that's not the best solution.

So, the problem is: how can i set a "global" SuexecUserGroup? Maybe that
SuexecUserGroup $(USER) $(GROUP) works fine? (CGI scripts have to run whit
their owner, i don't need any strange service).

Thanks

PS: sorry for my bad English, i'm an italian student :)
--
-WhoAmI-

Email: whoami@autistici.org
WebSite: http://www.autistici.org/whoami/