httpd-users mailing list archives

From Davide Bianchi <dav...@onlyforfun.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2 separate Apache configuration files and services. (On one Srv03 box)
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2008 18:28:50 GMT
BRENT SODDERS wrote:
> I would like to run 2 instances of Apache 2.2 on a MS Windows 2003 server.
>
> One would be port 80 (for users), the second port (xxxx) for
> developers.  The developers would like to have separate services so they
> could stop Apache services without stopping services for users. From
> what I understand two virtual hosts would still share the same services,
> and both be down if services were restarted.
>
> Can anyone furnish code, or point me to a good Apache resource that
> covers this.  I am also looking for a book that will give me a good
> start with Apache.

Just make a copy of the httpd.conf file, then change your 'listen'
directive (and any other directive you need to be different) and then
start Apache using the -c option to point to the new configuration file.

Davide

--
Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.
-- Julius Henry "Groucho" Marx (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Groucho_Marx)