httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to get SSL handshake errors logged
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:42:42 GMT
Wilda, Jet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 	How do I get Apache httpd (2.0.X and 2.2.X) to log SSL handshake errors?  I found that
if I set ‘LogLevel info’ they will be logged to the error log.  However it then logs way
to much stuff.  What I need is a way to just log all the SSL errors especially the handshake
errors.  Thanks for any and all help ☺

I thought that the failure itself was logged at level 'error'.  Certainly,
at level 'warning'.  If this is not so, we should review the error levels
of the various emits from mod_ssl.

Feel free to sniff the LogLevel info for one failed connection, and point
out the one error that you believe should have been logged at warn/error.

Notice that you can tell which are which right in the logs, just look for
[info], [warn] etc on each log line.