httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zbigniew Szalbot <z.szal...@lcwords.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] rotatelogs based on size and time?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 06:06:44 GMT
Hello,

Thank you for such a prompt answer! I have some questions below.

Agnello George:
> yes its possible
> you would just need to add in your /etc/logrotate.conf  the following content :
>

> "/websites/domain.com/logs/domain.com.sys.qualiproj.access_log"
> /websites/domain.com/logs/domain.com.sys.qualiproj.error_log {
I would need to add "monthly" in here, wouldn't I?

> rotate 4
> size= 50
size=50M if I want to use megabytes?

> sharedscripts
This will cause only one apache restart?

> postrotate
> /sbin/killall -HUP httpd
Is this the graceful way to restart apache?

Can I add "olddir" in here?
olddir = /path/to/dir

When set, do I understand correctly that it will set a directory where
logs will be moved prior to being rotated?

> endscript
> }
>
> i kind of written a small scrit to add /delete /edit the
> logrotate.conf for virtual domains (  i give no grauntee that it will
> work for you ) ( suggestion welcomed )

Thank you for all your input! It is really appreciated!

Yours,

--
Zbigniew Szalbot
www.LCWords.com