httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Error Page Generation in Apache Server
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:11:47 GMT
Eric Covener wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Raghavendra Datt
> <raghavendradatt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Eric,
>> Thanks for your quick response. I went through the mentioned functions.
>> The method "ap_send_error_response" has the logic to print the html page in
>> case of error. but, I am not really sure whether this same method is called
>> in my case. because, the kind of html generated looks like a plain html and
>> the error page generated has the style sheets and some fancy stuff in the
>> source. Am I missing any thing?
>

> Generated by tomcat maybe?

The above may be a bit concise, so I'll elaborate a bit.
It seems, from the rather incomplete information you supplied
originally, that you may have not only an Apache HTTPD server, but also
a Tomcat servlet engine in the background.  It also sounds like the page
you are seeing may be actually generated by Tomcat, not by the Apache
httpd server.
The styles of the Apache httpd and Tomcat server error pages are quite
different, so it should be easy to tell visually from where it comes.

To provide you with more precise help, it would be useful if you posted
some additional details about the platform you are running this on,
whether the is an Apache and a Tomcat or not, their versions, etc..

Tomcat is a piece of software that also "belongs" to the larger family
of Apache projects, so a message indicating "Apache Tomcat" means in
reality "Apache family, Tomcat module".
But the Apache httpd server was the first project in the family, so its
message usually say just "Apache".
And I hope I have not confused you further with all this.

André