httpd-users mailing list archives

From Richard de Vries <richard_devr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] lower cpu priority to perl scripts
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 22:12:38 GMT
If you are running on unix, the easiest way to probably do this is by calling the "setpriority"
from within your perl script like this:
setpriority(WHICH,WHO,PRIORITY);
To set your current running perlscript to the lowest priority, you would call setpriority(0,
$$, 20);
$$ is your script's process ID, and "20" denotes the priority. (as you know, -20 is highest
priority and 20 the lowest priority).
Cheers,
   R.

----- Original Message ----
From: Audio Phile <da_audiophile@yahoo.com>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2:18:53 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] lower cpu priority to perl scripts

Tamer,

Thank you very much for the reply.  I googled around for the proper syntax of your suggestion
as well as which config file I need to edit with it, but I came up with a big fat 0.  Can
you provide a few more details for me?  Apologies in advance, I am a newbie with apache2
:)

Tamer Embaby wrote:
Audio,

You can always start your scripts with [re]nice() syscall to lower
your process (perl script in this case) priority.

Regards,
Tamer