httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Biernesser, Beth" <Beth.Biernes...@fnis.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] virtual host issue with apache
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 17:28:48 GMT
I am wondering if this has something to do with the .do file extension.
However, it works fine without the virtual host -- what different
criteria would the virtual host be looking at?

Here is my virtual host - it's really basic.  I have substituted "x"'s
for our actual ip address .... what do you think this could be and have
you ever run into anything like this?

<VirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xxx:80>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
    DocumentRoot "/usr/local/tomcat-5.5.23/webapps/"
    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
    ServerAlias xx.xx.xx.xxx
    ServerAlias dev.xxx.com
    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log combined
</VirtualHost>

-----Original Message-----
From: Krist van Besien [mailto:krist.vanbesien@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 5:14 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] virtual host issue with apache

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 23:48, Biernesser, Beth
<Beth.Biernesser@fnis.com> wrote:
> When I configure a virtual host for my website, I get a listing of
files
> instead of the home page.  This index file has a .do extension.
However,
> when I remove this virtual host from the httpd.conf file, the website
> appears.  The problem is that I need to configure ssl, which requires
> virtual host - apache version is httpd-2.2.3-11.el5_1.3 and it is
backported
> with the most current patches available via rpm.  Tomcat version is
5.5.23
> and these apps are running on RHES5 (linux), using mod_jk.  Has anyone
run
> into an issue like this that might have a solution?

Can you show us the config you have (the one with the problem?) We may
be able to help.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org

the
intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose,

by
persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.