httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ofer Kalisky" <kali...@sendm.biz>
Subject [users@httpd] Tomcat failover
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:55:38 GMT
Hi,

I have a Tomcat that has a thread that reads entries from a DB and handles them. In each cycle,
it reads all the entries (to a certain limit). I would like to set up a configuration that
has a failover Tomcat, that when the first one crashes the second starts to read from the
same DB (or a replicated, doesn't matter) and handle entries.
I wouldn't want the second Tomcat to read from the DB, because it would harm the operation
of the first when the first is up. I would like it to start working only when the first is
down...

How can I know in the second Tomcat that the first have crashed? can mod_jk help?

Thanks.