httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ACL - access control lists
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:29:41 GMT
On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 5:58 AM, apache a <aa9160@gmail.com> wrote:
> does apache servers use ACLs to check conditions based on the incoming http
> request URL, even before the header is parsed?

I see this is the third time you've asked variants on this question.
But without actually explaining what you are trying to do, you're just
wasting your time.

But to answer directly, Apache httpd answers HTTP requests with HTTP
even if it will wind up denying the request due to, for example, an IP
address forbidden by mod_authz_host.

You can look at the third-party module mod_security, which does have
the ability to drop requests without any response. Or you can use a
firewall to do this job.