httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rich Schumacher" <rich.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to prevent apache proxy abuse?
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2008 19:45:46 GMT
If you are seeing nothing but abuse from these hosts your best bet would be
to block these at the router/firewall level.  If you don't have access to
that, use iptables on the web server to silenty drop any connections from
them.

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Ali Nebi <anebi@iguanait.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i would like to ak how can i block these attempts?
>
> fcmat_ex.nw1.fcmat.org - - [18/Jul/2008:09:51:30 -0500] "POST
> http://lti-mail01.ltinetworks.com:25/ HTTP/1.0" 302 313 "-" "-"
> fcmat_ex.nw1.fcmat.org - - [18/Jul/2008:09:51:30 -0500] "GET
> http://www.microsoft.com/ HTTP/1.0" 302 304 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;
> MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5
> .1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"
> fcmat_ex.nw1.fcmat.org - - [18/Jul/2008:09:51:32 -0500] "CONNECT
> http://lti-mail01.ltinetworks.com:25 HTTP/1.0" 400 319 "-" "-"
> 204.184.43.252 - - [18/Jul/2008:13:05:41 -0500] "GET
> http://www.microsoft.com/ HTTP/1.0" 302 304 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;
> MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1;
>  .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"
> 204.184.43.252 - - [18/Jul/2008:13:05:41 -0500] "POST
> http://lti-mail01.ltinetworks.com:25/ HTTP/1.0" 302 313 "-" "-"
> 204.184.43.252 - - [18/Jul/2008:13:05:43 -0500] "CONNECT
> http://lti-mail01.ltinetworks.com:25 HTTP/1.0" 400 319 "-" "-"
>
>
> I don't use proxy and it is disabled, but i still get these connections in
> access_log. After this, this server is blacklisted from XBL and CBL list
> like spammer.
>
> Please help me to solve this problem. What can i do to block and to prevent
> this kind of accesses?
>
> Thanks in advanced!
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>  "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>
>

Mime
View raw message