httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tavian Barnes" <taviana...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Forward proxies and aliases
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 19:42:06 GMT
> Just an idea from a guy who really knows next to nothing about proxies :
> If
> - a proxy configuration allows you to selectively forward some requests to a
> selection of sites, but not to a local file
> - but what you want to do is to redirect some URLs to a local file
>
> then can you not set up a local virtual host under some name, and forward
> ditto "local" requests to that local virtual host, whose pleasure it would
> be to serve the local stuff in question ?
>
> André

The thing is, when the browser sends the request to the local virtual
host, it's treating it like a proxy server.  So, the local host would
have to be able to recognise a proxy request for a certain page, and
return a local file instead, which is the same thing I'm trying to do
now.

--
Tavian Barnes