httpd-users mailing list archives

From Res <...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd folder is owned by root
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:52:29 GMT
On Thu, 10 Jul 2008, Frank Gingras wrote:

> You need to fix those installations immediately, then. You can run:
>
> chown -R root:root /usr/local/httpd

A caution there, if he serves content from /usr/local/apache/htdocs|cgi-bin
they should *not* be owned by root but apache or the vhost domain owner
Though I'd like to think he like most of us, uses something like /var/www
so it is entirely separate at all times.

--
Cheers
Res

2/ If only cleanfeed filtered out trolls as well as spam, usenet would be
    a nicer place.