httpd-users mailing list archives

From Res <...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] suExec & vhost problem
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 00:30:01 GMT
On Tue, 8 Jul 2008, Nick Wiltshire wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm trying to set up suExec with virtual hosts, and I am either going about
> this all wrong, or I have found a bug.
>
> Given the following vhost:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> 	SuexecUserGroup example.org example.org

So long as your user is called example.org, thats fine, however the group
should be the user  apache runs as

> The virtual hosts will obviously run as their own user, in their home
> directory (/home/tld).
>
> The line in question is the ScriptAlias line. If I use a full path like:
>
> ScriptAlias /php5 /home/example.org/cgi-bin/php
>
> suExec fails saying it's outside of the docroot. I believe this is correct
> behavior, though it would be nice if suExec knew /home/example.org is the
> same as ~
>
> Where it gets buggy is if I have it as in the example:
>
> ScriptAlias /php5 ~/cgi-bin/php
>
> Now suExec is happy, but Apache (incorrectly, IMO) prepends ServerRoot and
> cuts off all but the tilde. PHP scripts throw a 403 and In my log I get:

Why not just set /home as the suexec-docroot  Since your allowing
/home/%domains% to use it anyway.

> Does anyone know how I can achieve this? I'm running Apache 2.2.9 on a Gentoo
> box.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

Cheers
Res
 	--- Usenet policy, and why I might ignore you ---
1/ GoogleGroups are UDP'd on my nntp server. If you use them, don't
    waste your time or energy replying to me.

2/ If only cleanfeed filtered out trolls as well as spam, usenet would be
    a nicer place.