httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jorge Medina" <jmed...@e-dialog.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Configuration Errors on SSL+Apache 2.2 +mod_jk +Tomcat 5.5
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:45:19 GMT
Hi MK,

   Correct.

   In that case, discard your current installation, get the source code
and compile your own version of apache. You will have to do a good
amount of reading to understand all the options for compiling and then
running Apache. The documentation is pretty good as well as the help
from the commands. (E.g. configure -help).

   You can compile modules to be linked statically or for dynamic
may need some other libraries (you may get errors during the configure
phase or while compiling).

-Jorge

________________________________

From: kohanm [mailto:kohan.massoud@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 11:30 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Configuration Errors on SSL+Apache 2.2
+mod_jk +Tomcat 5.5

I do not have mod_ssl.so under Apache/modules. I downloaded Apache 2.2
the binary version and then the  jk_module  separately.

I read from different sources that I have to install Apache 2.2.* from
source than I have to enable mod_ssl  and there is not any separate SSL
module for Apache 2.2. am I  right?

MK