httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to make Apache 2.x as Forwarding server?
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2008 10:35:37 GMT
Anand Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have client/server architecture. I want to introduce Apache server in
> between that will receive request from client, forward it to server then
> take response from server and give it back to the client. There is no
> load balancing or complex processing here.
>
> How can I implement this simple requirement without using mod_proxy?

If I may ask : why do you even need an Apache in-between ? a simple tcp
router or firewall with port re-direction of port 80 to your back-end
server would do this nicely.
It would send the packets "as is" without any interference, run on a
small diskless box costing about 500$, and run for years without trouble
any.  Run IPCop on it, and you would also have a nice web-based
configuration interface with plenty of filtering options, and whatever
logging you want.

André