httpd-users mailing list archives

From Skip Evans <s...@bigskypenguin.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] .htaccess and PHP
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:09:09 GMT
Hey Matt,

This is closer, still, but what I emailed you off
list is to ask if you would be willing to take
this one as a small consulting job for us.

The reg exp and htaccess issues involved are out
of my area of expertise.

We really need this done as the whole premise of
how the site works is contingent on this
functionality.

Please email me off list if you'd be interested in
a small consulting gig for this task.

Thanks a bunch!

Skip

Matt wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:33 AM, Skip Evans <skip@bigskypenguin.com> wrote:
>> Hey Matt,
>>
>> (I just sent you the message off list, but now rereading this again, I'm
>> starting to understand.)
>>
>> I see that I'm affecting all the URLs, including the ones the app is
>> initiating and that's what's breaking stuff.
>>
>> But what if I want the rule to ONLY take affect when the URL ends with a '/'
>> char, as in the case of
>>
>> http://varsitybeat.com/wi/madison/
>>
>> That's the only time I need the rule to kick in, when they give me a city
>> and school name on the URL, and this is also the only time a URL will end
>>  with a '/'.
>>
>> What would you change on this one?
>>
>> Options +FollowSymlinks
>> RewriteEngine on
>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
>> RewriteRule ^([^/]+)/([^/]+) /index.php?st=$1&sc=$2 [NC]
>>
>> ...which seems closest yet, to only make it apply the URL to URL's ending in
>> '/' ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Skip
>>

> Actually, you can do that, and the server would do
>
> /blah/blah doesnt match -> /blah/blah/ -> does match
>

> Options +FollowSymlinks
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
> RewriteRule ^([^/]+)/([^/]+)/$ /index.php?st=$1&sc=$2 [NC]
>
> should do it
>
> /$ means that the matched string must end ($) with a slash,
>
> hope it works for you (I didnt get the off list message btw)

Skip Evans
Big Sky Penguin, LLC
503 S Baldwin St, #1
Madison, WI 53703