httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sylvain Beaux <sylvain.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache benchmark in reverse proxy scenario for large Web apps
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:06:04 GMT
Nick Kew a écrit :
> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:20:34 +0200
> "Sylvain Beaux" <sylvain.beaux@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi gays,
>>

> Who???
>
>> so I calculate Max Client = 1300 Mb / (6,084 - 3660) = 540 processes,
>> I prefered gaving some memory margin in case of ...
>>
>> Do you agree with this result ?
>>

> Sounds like a case where Prefork is a poor choice of MPM.  I'd expect
> to see much better performance figures from Worker or Event.
>
> I expect you could usefully reduce the number of modules loaded, too.

For this test I disabled every modules which are not require. I've
tested every modules independently.
But for the MPM I've no choice because I use a perl module that require
the fastmap library which does not work with a threaded MPM.
>> Do I need a better harware ?? or is my configuration not optimal ?
>>

> Apart from a more appropriate MPM, google for ApacheCon presentations
> from Colm MacCarthaigh and Brian Akins, both of whom have run Apache
> with very much higher loads than yours.
>

>> 	 (I used this doc :
>>

> That's mod_perl.  Your needs are different to a mod_perl user!

I use a perl module for cookies support and this module need the import
of mod_perl.

--
Sylvain Beaux