httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtual instances
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:09:31 GMT
Melanie Pfefer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Actually I want to have different customers that use different apache servers without
the need to install many apache servers.

> I thought of reusing the http binary. Could you please help in this regard? Should I
simply copy the httpd.conf and change the logs location and ServerRoot?
> thanks again

And PIDFile, yup.  You've got the right idea.

I wouldn't use the original paths for any of the httpd's you are running,
so that you can make sure no files are being placed in the original logs
directory.