httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Forward proxies and aliases
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 18:04:16 GMT
Just an idea from a guy who really knows next to nothing about proxies :
If
- a proxy configuration allows you to selectively forward some requests
to a selection of sites, but not to a local file
- but what you want to do is to redirect some URLs to a local file

then can you not set up a local virtual host under some name, and
forward ditto "local" requests to that local virtual host, whose
pleasure it would be to serve the local stuff in question ?

André