httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stephen <stephe...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] I get a 500 error and this was caused because the php file "was writable in group"
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 17:22:45 GMT
<head>
</head>
Eric Covener wrote:
 cite="mid:1404e5910807071008w13dbe8c9l89931c5f835ed280@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 12:20 PM, Stephen <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:stephen-d@rogers.com">&lt;stephen-d@rogers.com&gt;</a> wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">My host runs Linux.

Not sure exactly how the file got a group writable setting, but I am curious
as to why this caused Apache to throw up over it.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Maybe you're using suexec or something similar?  What's the exact error message?
  </pre>
I tried to duplicate the problem by setting the file attributes to
group writable (and readable) but the problem did not reoccur.<br>
I suspect my host changed something.<br>
The original response on the support ticker was to make the file group
readable only.<br>
I recall the error was in the error log, and the page apache sent was
not useful. Just the 500 "internal server error"<br>
The issue is gone. Just hoped to learn something.<br>
Thanks<br>
Stephen<br>