httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Horgan <phorg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is it possible to filter requests from certain browsers/OSes?
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2008 21:28:28 GMT
Tony Stevenson wrote:
> Firstly, who are you to say this is the wrong solution?  The only person
> who can truly say it is wrong is the person whom is responsible for it.
>
> Secondly, this is for his family and I am sure they don't care that much
> as long ad they actually get to read the email.
>
> We are all entitled to our opinions, clearly yours doesn't fall in line
> with this persons ideas.  There is no need to be so personal, and cast
> dispersions with such a wide net.
>
> If you cannot answer with a civil tone, or with anything constructive
> may I suggest you don't answer at all.
Thank you.  This is the sort of response I once would have given and it
wasn't until reading your response that I realized how years of incivility
have worn on me.  I remember 12 or 15 years ago when the internet
really started getting rude.  We called it the aol effect.  I fought against
it for a long time, but now realize that I've become inured to it.

You're a good role model.

Thanks,

Patrick