httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eben <e...@bakedbean.net>
Subject [users@httpd] trouble with vhosts and 2.2.8
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 03:14:00 GMT
I just setup a new Fedora Core 9 box, running apache 2.2.8.

I then setup a basic virtual host config using NameVirtualHost *:80

My only virtual host looks like:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin admin@domain.com
    DocumentRoot /home/domain/www
    ServerName domain.com
    ServerAlias www.domain.com
    ErrorLog /home/domain/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /home/domain/logs/access_log combined

    # NOTE: I added this later, doesn't change anything...
    <Directory "/home/domain/www">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

I've made sure my DirectoryIndex includes all possible index types,
SELinux is disabled, Firewall is disabled, permissions on /home/domain
are wide open for testing.  No matter what I try, I keep getting a 403
Forbidden, and in the error log: (13)Permission denied: access to / denied

I've been reading around on this, but there doesn't seem to be any
definitive answers... there seems to be consensus that apache 2.2.x has
a bit more security by default, but it's not clear what needs to be
changed to allow the virtual hosts to resolve properly.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Eben