httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Moseman" <scmose...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] GET vs POST issue w/ a Proxy/Redirect
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 20:15:39 GMT

>> ProxyPass / http://remoteserver/portal/
>> ProxyPassReverse / http://remoteserver/portal/
>> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/portal/(.*)
>> RewriteRule ^/portal/(.*) /$1 [R]
>>
>> <form name="loginForm" method="post" action="/portal/login.do">

Thanks for the information, Nick.  That said, is there another way to
accomplish what I'm trying to do?  The theory is that "remoteserver"
will host several /portal/ type subdirectories, and we will use
virtual hosts on the Apache proxy to provide a clean URL for each
instance, instead of including that path (and most likely a
non-standard port) in the URLs.  The application, unfortunately, it
not controlled by myself, so the "/portal/login.do" reference on the
login forms I can do nothing about.

Thanks,
Scott