httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Moseman" <scmose...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] GET vs POST issue w/ a Proxy/Redirect
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 16:28:37 GMT
*** This proxy setup works for logins

Apache config:

ProxyPass / http://remoteserver/admin/
ProxyPassReverse / http://remoteserver/admin/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/admin/(.*)
RewriteRule ^/admin/(.*) /$1 [R]

Website form:

<form name="logon" method="POST" action="login.do">

Logins work (packet captures show a POST was made).

*** This proxy setup fails for logins

Apache config:

ProxyPass / http://remoteserver/portal/
ProxyPassReverse / http://remoteserver/portal/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/portal/(.*)
RewriteRule ^/portal/(.*) /$1 [R]

Website form:

<form name="loginForm" method="post" action="/portal/login.do">

Logins fail (packet captures show a GET was made).

I'm making the assumption that the /portal/ being included in the FORM
ACTION of the portal website is the cause of the Apache proxy and
redirect sending a GET instead of a POST.  Is this normal behavior for
Apache?  Is there something else I can do in the config to combat this
problem?  The reason for the Rewrite rules is that the sites (well, at
least the portal site) makes literal references using that path, and I
need to hide them.

Thanks,
Scott