httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache benchmark in reverse proxy scenario for large Web apps
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:02:43 GMT
On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:20:34 +0200
"Sylvain Beaux" <sylvain.beaux@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi gays,

Who???

> so I calculate Max Client = 1300 Mb / (6,084 - 3660) = 540 processes,
> I prefered gaving some memory margin in case of ...
>
> Do you agree with this result ?

Sounds like a case where Prefork is a poor choice of MPM.  I'd expect
to see much better performance figures from Worker or Event.

I expect you could usefully reduce the number of modules loaded, too.

> Do I need a better harware ?? or is my configuration not optimal ?

Apart from a more appropriate MPM, google for ApacheCon presentations
from Colm MacCarthaigh and Brian Akins, both of whom have run Apache
with very much higher loads than yours.

>	 (I used this doc :

That's mod_perl.  Your needs are different to a mod_perl user!

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/