httpd-users mailing list archives

From "R. Eimann" <regist_apa...@renegade.mine.nu>
Subject [users@httpd] Is it possible to filter requests from certain browsers/OSes?
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 21:05:40 GMT
Hi,

I have a Linux box running SquirrelMail along with an SSH service
and /etc/{passwd,shadow} are used for authentication.

Some of the users I offer e-mail accounts for do not understand about
keyloggers and similar software that particularly Windows systems are prone
to. For obvious reasons, I thus would like to silently drop requests coming
from IE/Windows. The Browser identification string may be a good starting
point for this, because none of the users in question is sufficiently
experienced to fake the id string (or even know bout its existence).

I have no problem about other pages being accessed with IE.

Is there an apache module or something that provides such functionality? I
know that I would also be able to hack the SquirrelMail PHP code, but I would
have to do that for every new version I install and would thus like to avoid
this path.

Cheers,
--
R. Eimann