httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Covener" <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] client denied by server configuration:
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:01:48 GMT
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 4:49 AM, Brent Clark <brentgclarklist@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> For the likes of me, I cant resolve this problem.
>
> I keep getting
>
> client denied by server configuration:
> /usr/share/gallery/css/config.css.default, referer:
>
>   Alias /gallery /usr/share/gallery

The default conf denies access to everything, then punches a hole for
your document root.

Your httpd.conf has a <Directory> stanza that allows access to your
original DocumentRoot, including 'allow from all'.  If you add an
Alias or a DocumentRoot that is outside your original DocumentRoot,
you need to add another <Directory> that allows access to those files.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com