httpd-users mailing list archives

From Severin Gehwolf <Severin.Gehw...@uibk.ac.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtual instances
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:24:23 GMT
On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 13:10 +0000, Melanie Pfefer wrote:
> Actually I am looking for
>
> 1 apache installation
> Have independent instances: logs, conf and bin.
>
> VHosts does not seem to have a log, conf and bin for each instance .

Why would you need independent instances of bin?

Concerning "logs" and "conf", those two are also possible using Virtual
Hosts. May I ask what's the greater picture? Why do you need independent
instances of logs, conf and bin?

Maybe you could reuse your httpd binary and start it with different
configurations (even using different ServerRoot directories) using the
"-f" and "-d" options. See #> ./httpd -h for more info.

---
Severin