httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anand Kulkarni" <Ana...@synechron.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Any replacement of mod_proxy?
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:15:19 GMT
Hi,

>> We have already developed an application where TCP-client
communicates
>> with TCP-Server. Its working fine.
>>
>> But now we want to introduce some proxy server in between.

> why?

Because we have many TCP servers running and using mod_proxy we want to
route client request to the specific one.

Also using Apache as proxy, we can get benefit of different services.

>> Hence, we are trying Apache mod_proxy module.
>>
>> Is it wrong to use mod_proxy in this scenario?

>> If YES, then Is there any
>> other possbile way of introducing proxy in between?

>simple tcp redirector or evan NAT probably. Highly depends on answer to
my previous question

What is NAT. We want only open source proxy servers. If you know
anything please let us know.

Anand