httpd-users mailing list archives

From "M. Scholten" <msc...@mschol.eu>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Is it possible to filter requests from certain browsers/OSes?
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 22:56:37 GMT
Why are you trying to avoid the problem instead of SOLVING.
And then again: you are discriminating windows users, and forcing ppl to use
a custom PC for just webmail?
Well good luck with the rest of your life then...
You are clearly providing a COMPLETE wrong and extremely un-user friendly
solution.

-----Original Message-----
From: R. Eimann [mailto:regist_apache@renegade.mine.nu]
Sent: 04 July 2008 23:40
To: MegaBrutal
Cc: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Is it possible to filter requests from certain
browsers/OSes?

This is not for many users anyway (nothing commercial), it's mainly for my
parents in law. The security of my boxes weighs a bit more than ethics in
this case. Apart from that, I provided a faily up-to-date Linux box to them,

but I have doubts that they actually use it (I dont care whether they use it

for general browsing, but I want to force them using it when they access
their SquirrelMail accounts on my box, for the sake of security of my
box)...

--
R. Eimann